Join the Promise Academy family and make a difference in the lives of our kids.
Composed of two K-12 charter schools in the center of Harlem, Promise Academy is at the heart of Harlem Children Zone's unique “Pipeline to Success” birth-through-college network of programs.
As an educator at Promise Academy, you will have access to services, resources and fellow team members to help fulfill our promise that all students graduate college.
Drawing on that same promise, we are also committed to doing whatever it takes to strengthen our team. Working at Promise Academy means:
Get the support you need
We address the entire child, making sure that we remove any barrier to his or her learning and success. We have school-based health centers, a social-work team, and a range of programs to support students and their families from cradle through college.
We are a family rolling up our sleeves working together to be our very best for our scholars. We learn from one another through collaborative planning time, peer observations and cross school professional development. We support one another every step of the way.
Develop your skills and grow without limits
We are deeply committed to growing and rewarding talent. School leaders work regularly with you to help you hone your craft, try new approaches and improve your impact with your scholars. We will invest in your long-term career success and provide ladders of opportunity for your chosen path.
“An all-encompassing, all-hands-on-deck, anti-poverty effort that is literally saving
generation of children.”
— President Barack Obama
- Promise Academy I's 2016 graduating class had 99% of its students accepted to at least one college.
- On the 2016 statewide math exam, Promise Academy I and II outperformed the local districts, as well as New York City and New York State students overall.
- On the 2016 statewide English exam, Promise Academy I and II outperformed the local districts, as well as New York City and New York State students overall.
- 100% of the Promise Academy I class of 2016 passed the English and math Regents exams. 100% of the Promise Academy II class of 2017 passed both exams.
OUR PIPELINE HELPS BUILD A STRONG COMMUNITY
- Harvard economist Roland Fryer found Promise Academy students had lower rates of incarceration, teen pregnancy and substance abuse, and had closed or were closing, the black-white achievement gap.